Comedy has come a long way from when I was a teenager. Back then, there was no Boy Pickup. There was no Pinoy Samurai. There was, however, Wow Mali and Ang Dating Doon. I am that old.
Lots of things change when one gets old. Another thing was that when I was younger I used to love October. I have some good trivia about October since I got that complementary Saranggola magazine from a school subscription. I’d like to share some things about October:
- October is the tenth month of the Gregorian calendar but is named for the eighth month in the Roman calendar.
- Aside from October, I also like octopi as animals.
- October 4 marks the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, a day when most people have their pets baptized. St. Francis should be known for being one of the few people who understood how God loves us.
- October also marks Masskara, the first secular fiesta in Bacolod, if not the Philippines.
- October is celebrated by drunks all over for Oktoberfest. It is Germany’s greatest cultural gift, not Goethe, thank you.