We have some of the emails circulating around that give us strange facts. Here are stranger “facts.” (Some references are for immature minds only.)
60% of the potatoes in the United States come from Idaho.
– Which are then peeled in Kansas, before being salted in Utah.
40% of McDonald’s products come from selling happy meals.
– 30% are not so glad.
20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions are written each year.
– more than half is for glaucoma.
3000 people under the age of 18 start smoking every day.
– sustains roughly the same amount of workers in the tobacco industry.
17% of all teenagers smoke.
– 6% set themselves on fire by farting on lighters.
Every day 12 newborns are given to the wrong parents in the hospital.
– and about 6 new soap oepras get their material.
An ostrich’s eye is bigger than it’s brain.
– and no testicles.
The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
– evidently, river-bottom mud is worth it.
– it is more efficient to set yourself on fire.
Earth has about 5,000,000,000 years of sunlight left.
– wait, Earth doesn’t create sunlight!
It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.
– on the 30th.
Sliced bread was patented in 1954.
– until then, the best thing was the vibrator.
The tongue is the strongest part of the body.
– <insert cheap sex-related joke here>
100% of lottery winners gain weight.
– apparently they are paid in coins.
If you bang your head against a wall for an hour you burn 150 calories.
– drinking gin to numb the wonderful headache gives you about 350 kJ.
China has more English speakers than England.
– They love the alphabet.
Typewriter is the longest word that can be made only using one row on
– but if you make one up, like qpoerywqrutuiwqeriqwryqiwpryqioryquyrqrqp, it is longer.
‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word that can be made using only your
left hand when typed.
– what about left-hand amputees?
20% of women look at a man’s butt before his face.
– 20% of women are actually men.
Coca-Cola can be used as car oil.
– why don’t we use it? It is cheaper.
In the English language ‘four’ is the only number spelled with the same
number of characters as its value.
– good for us!
There are more chickens in the world than people.
– see, the world is not overpopulated.
A person has 696 muscles while a caterpillar has over 4000.
– Super Saiyan Son Gokou has over 10,000!
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
– People who almost do it inexplicably die of weird circumstances.
25% of the people in the USA have appeared on tv at least once.
– including homemade porn and CCTV.
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching tv.
– except when watching porn.
Apples are more efficient at waking you up in the morning than coffee.
– A whole apple stuffed in a sleeping person’s mouth is equally likely to send that person to eternal rest.
The plastic things at the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
– the piece of gum you step on is called, “@!&^))*#.”
The original owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
– the fake owner is an extraterrestrial.
Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
– <insert sexist joke here.>
The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood
– vegetarian vampires, anyone?
Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William never travel
on the same airplane as a precaution!
– ain’t life grand knowing you’re a contingency plan?
Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per
– the body is a wonderland!
There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos!
– cuckoos are busy on the floor.
Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!
– too small a reason for superheroes.
The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad!
– the least popular is Satan.
Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!
– unless you pay the bill too.
The names of Popeye’s four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and
– Poopeye was eventually blind due to a persistent infection.
The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other’s shoulders!
– <insert cheap gay joke here.>
When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!
– then who’s got room for passengers?
The Philadelphia mint produces 26 million pennies per day!
– <insert dick joke here.>
Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!
– races are held in Japan annually with the goal of reaching Mt. Fuji.
During your lifetime, you’ll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that’s the weight of about 6 elephants!
– you create more than 50,000 pounds of crap.
Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
– they grip their pillow tight too for the Sandman.
Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe!
– imagine the stress on your ribs you save by not breathing at all!
Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue!
– what will they do at night with blue?
Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!
The starfish is one of the few animals who can turn it’s stomach inside-out!
– The village drunk is another.
Eskimo ice cream is neither icy, or creamy!
– they use the next best thing for milk!
A jellyfish is 95 percent water!
– and 5% other things.
In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals!
– but cheating on midterms is encouraged.
More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world!
– That’s why it is worthless.
The elephant is one of the few mammals that can’t jump!
One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet!
– because of gravity.
America once issued a 5-cent bill!
– the toilet paper was derived from its common use.